So healthy and tasty that people eat it by the bowlful when I bring it to barbecues and picnics!
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped or grated
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons Peg’s Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- ¼ c. Hellmann’s mayonnaise or to taste
- Mix together cabbage, carrots, and onion.
- Sprinkle with vinegar and toss.
- Sprinkle in sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
- Spread mayonnaise across the top of the mixture, and toss until well mixed.
- All measurements here can be adjusted to taste. Just don't put in too much sugar or mayonnaise because it will ruin it!
- Be sure to let the mixture sit for at least 2 hours so the flavors "marry."