Peg's Cole Slaw
So healthy and tasty that people eat it by the bowlful when I bring it to barbecues and picnics!
- 1 medium head of cabbage, shredded or chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped or grated
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 3 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons Peg’s Salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper or to taste
- ¼ c. Hellmann’s mayonnaise or to taste
Mix together cabbage, carrots, and onion.
Sprinkle with vinegar and toss.
Sprinkle in sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss well.
Spread mayonnaise across the top of the mixture, and toss until well mixed.
All measurements here can be adjusted to taste. Just don't put in too much sugar or mayonnaise because it will ruin it!
Be sure to let the mixture sit for at least 2 hours so the flavors "marry."